I breastfed this animal-lover until he turned 5!
Even while I worked full time (my breast pump and freezer were my best friends).
There are so many reasons why I breastfed…
Aside from my boy growing up to be smart and lovable and a budding author…
Here are my top 25 reasons why I breastfed and why you should, too:
- Breastfeeding promotes bonding between mother and baby.
- Breastfeeding satisfies baby’s emotional needs.
- Breastfeeding provides perfect infant nutrition.
- Breast milk is always ready and comes in a nicer package than formula does.
- Formula-fed babies are more at risk for obesity in later life.
- Breastfeeding is easier than using formula.
- Breast milk is free.
- Breast milk is always the right temperature.
- Breast milk always has the right proportions of fat, carbohydrates and protein.
- Breast milk tastes better than formula.
- Breastfed babies are healthier over-all.
- No bottles to tote.
- Perfect food for sick baby.
- More sleep for mom.
- More sleep for baby.
- More sleep for dad
- Less equipment to maintain and store.
- Less equipment to buy.
- Breast milk has never been recalled.
- Fresh breast milk is never contaminated with bacteria.
- No need to worry about which brand is better.
- Breastfed babies get fewer cavities.
- Better speech development.
- Breastfed babies smell fantastic.
- It’s what breasts are designed for.