I just want to let you know that all opinions are my own and I may earn from qualifying purchases. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.
Last Updated on April 13, 2017 by Marie Bautista
- Two out of 10 Filipino suffer from hypertension. Thirty percent of them are unaware that they have the condition, because almost half of hypertensive people don’t feel anything.
- If your blood pressure is 140/90, you may be hypertensive.
- Women with 31-inch waistlines are at risk for becoming hypertensive. For men, it’s 35 inches.
- Genes play a small part in determining whether a person is susceptible to the condition. It is more the interaction of genetic predisposition and lifestyle. If you have the genes but have a healthy lifestyle, you may not get it. But if you don’t have the genes and live unhealthily, you can get it.
- Even children should have their blood pressure checked, especially now that a growing number of adolescents have high blood pressure. If you don’t know what your BP is, have yourself checked, and have the test repeated at least once a year.
Information from the Philippine Heart Association