I just want to let you know that all opinions are my own and I may earn from qualifying purchases. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.
Many things have changed in this modern age including the ways we decorate baby nurseries. Modern parents no longer decorate their baby space with the gender of their baby in mind. Those days, most people decorated in pink for baby girls, blue for baby boy, and usually yellow if they were unsure of the baby’s gender. Parents who are open to decorating their baby space in modern, gender neutral ways can contact JAC Interiors to hire one of their professional interior designers.
There are many fun ways to decorate your baby’s room. For parents who would like to decorate their baby’s space with creative and unique styles, you can consult any of the top interior design firms for some great ideas. Here are 5 tips for decorating a gender neutral nursery if you want to do it yourself.
- Neutral Colors: One of the easiest way is by using neutral colors such as black, gray, and natural wood tones. While yellow works beautifully as a gender neutral shade, gray is the new yellow as a fresh, modern update. Gray is so versatile, that it can be paired with almost any color palette. Bright and attractive shades look especially beautiful against a light or medium gray. The gold, black and white paired together looks both modern and sophisticated and can prove helpful for decorating.
2. Wall illustration: White walls can be made to look playful and kid-friendly with a few graphic touches such as hand-painted wall murals, stencils, or colorful dots. A bold, graphic wallpaper is another great way to design your baby space. You can either wallpaper the entire space or just on one wall. Creating a wood wall is another fun option and is the perfect way to add some warmth or modern rustic atmosphere.
3. Gallery wall: A great idea to bring the gallery wall trend into your baby space with beautiful illustrations from popular children’s storybooks and display them in varying sizes of simple, white frames. You can use a combination of art pieces, paintings, prints, typography and etc. for a cool statement wall.
4. Rug: To create a chic gender neutral nursery, a multicolored and patterned rug will be great. It is also the perfect solution for your baby’s soft, chubby little knees. You can also mix the old with the new such as a vintage patterned rug in gender neutral colors as the perfect companion to the modern furniture.
5. Animal Decoration: Animal decor is a fun trend that works well for both boys and girls. Use neutral colored animals to decorate your baby space. You can choose a theme using one type of animal throughout the nursery.