Last Updated on December 16, 2022 by Marie Bautista
Work from home is becoming a revolution in today’s career paradigm, so people are converting a small area in their homes into a handy office space.
The problem is that not all dwellings are blessed with a big space, and it’s hard to imagine mixing rest with the grind.
The truth is that modern prefab homes are now integrating workspace in the bedroom. Among all the spaces in the house, the bedroom poses fewer distractions making it the ideal place to continue paperwork and other office tasks.
The design of the bedroom workspaces varies depending on the personality of the person who will use them. Remember, the essence of space is all about functionality.
Here are five creative ways to create a workspace nook in the bedroom without removing the intimate nature of the sleeping den.
1. Establish a thin line between the two spaces. Adding a home office in the bedroom is perplexing. However, with the right design plan, it can become the best place in the house to add a work area. A great tip is to blend the two spaces to show continuity. Put a long desk as a substitute for a bedside table. It can act both as a side table and the main office table.
2. Maximize wall space. The walls are your best friend if the bedroom space is limited. Create a prefab bookshelf to add space for books, documents, and other office stuff. Make sure to paint the shelves the color of the other bedroom walls. Hanging a painting or putting decals can change the room’s overall feel. It lessens the focus that it is a workstation.
3. Customized furniture. A home office doesn’t need large space but requires functional pieces. A home office includes necessary items like a computer, lighting, ergonomic chair, and table. Main pieces like the desk and chair should be comfortable and should support the workload that will be happening in the area.
4. Utilize the windows. If the bedroom has huge or bay-type windows, utilize this as an advantage. Normally, bedrooms have windows to give the area natural lighting. Choose the space beside the window. The sunlight will provide pure joy and a cheery atmosphere to the whole room.
5. Play with colors. Colors do wonders to any space, and for this reason, it is a part of home office space design. Contrasting colors create a touch of sophistication. Bold colors can add character and can showcase a fun personality. A home office should be minimal yet pleasing to the eyes. In choosing colors, the possibilities are endless. A cream-colored theme can do a good job for a space with natural lighting. Grey walls can also balance natural light, and as a result, it exudes a calming space. Creative personality can do their work in spaces that are not overly crowded. Whatever kind of work is on the table, it is easy to combine style and professionalism when designing a bedroom workspace.