I just want to let you know that all opinions are my own and I may earn from qualifying purchases. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.
Last Updated on April 13, 2017 by Marie Bautista
|Adrian with the chalk he made in Arts class|
I bet you get those days…For me, it is everyday. When your pre-schooler or grade schooler would ask you non-stop about stuff and would give you an endless barrage of whys and whats after you answered his first “why?” and “what?”
Well, here are some stuff I saw around the world wide web that would feed his thirst for knowledge. Just hoping he won’t have a follow up “Why” and “How Come” (I seriously did not know all these as well, so for all you single ladies – and men – out there, you can shoot these facts out – and impress – I hope- your dates.)
- You share your birthday with at least 9 million other people in the world.
- It is impossible to sneeze with your eyes open. (This one is true. I tried and it really is impossible. And oh, ladies, have you noticed how you sort of open your mouth when you put on your mascara? I tried applying it with my mouth closed and it just won’t work.)
- A cockroach can live for several weeks without its head! (Ewww! Good thing it does not happen to people!)
- Elephants spend 23 hours a day just eating! (Don’t look at me…)
- Tigers have striped skin, not just striped fur.
- All the planets in our solar system rotate counterclockwise except Venus. It is the only planet that rotates clockwise (Bet your Science Teacher did not tell you that!) Edit: Kat of Kat’s Journey said her Science Teacher told that Venus and Uranus rotate clockwise. I checked and found out another bizarre fact: Uranus rotates on its side!
- Your nose can remember 50,000 different scents (I will start listing all those scents…)
- The microwave was invented after a researcher walked by a radar tube and a chocolate bar melted in his pocket.
- No word in the English language rhymes with MONTH, PURPLE, ORANGE or SILVER.
- Snails can sleep for three years (Do they need to be kissed by Snail Charming to wake up?)
- Ants do not sleep. (I bet they want to turn into snails…)
- The ears of a cricket are located on its front legs, just below the knee. (Huh?)
- There are more chickens than people in the world. (Good because I don’t want to run out of my Chicken Joys and KFCs)
- An ostrich’s eye is bigger than its brain (I know somebody who is like that and she is not an ostrich…just kidding)
- Polar bears are left-handed – although some scientists do dispute this. (I used to call Paula, my first-born, Paula bear when she was a baby and she turned out left-handed.)