Last Updated on June 1, 2020 by Marie Bautista
Are you considering a dog boarding house for your dog when you go on vacation?
When you go on vacation or you need to be away from home for a long period of time, you can make sure your pet is safe by using dog boarding house, such as groomers and veterinarians, offer.
There are several luxuries that your dog can experience that will make him feel like he is at home.
Monitor your dog while you are away.
Most businesses have a way that you can monitor your dog while you are away.
This is usually done by watching a video as a camera is placed in various areas of the kennel. Staff will greet your dog in a welcoming manner.
What to expect in a dog boarding house.
There are different sizes of kennels available in most locations depending on the size of your dog. Once your friend gets settled, the fun can begin.
- Your dog can have the finest amenities possible while you are gone.
- Meals are served twice a day, and there are snacks offered as well. There is a continuous supply of water so that your pet won’t get thirsty.
- Many businesses refer to the kennel areas as suites as this is what they appear to be for dogs and cats.
- Play time is offered each day, usually in the morning and in the afternoon.
- There are times when all of the dogs play together, but if your pet seems a little shy, then individual play time can be arranged.
- The staff will make sure the area is kept clean each day. If the dog needs anything, then someone can bring a treat or toy so that your pet
- Bedding supplies are in each area. These include a small bed and blanket.
- Bathroom breaks are offered through the day.
- You can discuss the bathroom pattern if your dog needs to go more often.
- Most locations will play music to help pets relax after a long day of playing. You will also find that the staff can help in teaching some basic commands, especially if you plan on being gone for an extended period of time.
- Environments are climate-controlled so that dogs aren’t too hot or too cold.
One of the things to keep in mind before taking your dog for boarding is to ask questions. The staff will help in any way possible so that
you feel good in knowing where your pet is staying for a day or longer