Last Updated on April 13, 2017 by Marie Bautista
1. What are the available electronic platforms of the BIR in filing tax return?
- Electronic Filing and Payment System (eFPS) and
- Electronic Bureau of Internal Revenue Forms System (eBIRForms)
2. How do I make use of eBIRForms?
The taxpayer must first download the Offline eBIRForms Package from either of the following websites:
- Dropbox using this link: http://goo.gl/UCr8XS f) Direct link using: http://ftp.pregi.net/bir/ebirforms_package_v4.7.08_ITRv2013.zip
- Copy through taxpayer’s USB flash drive from the RDO e-Lounge and install it in his/her computer.
3. What are the steps in using the offline package?
- After downloading the package, close the website, specially the BIR website or go offline, so as not to congest traffic going to the websites.
- Install the package, and prepare the returns offline.
- After preparing the returns offline, save the copy of the return you will be filing by clicking Final Copy, and then click Submit.
- When you are ready to click the Submit button, make sure you are online. When you click Submit, you will be redirected to eFile using Online eBIRForms System.
- After submitting the returns online, the system will prompt you if you are already enrolled in the Online eBIRForms System or not.
- If yes, you will be asked to provide your user name and password. If not, you will be asked to enroll and you will be redirected to the enrollment site.
- To enroll, click on the “SIGN UP” tab. Online eBIRForms System is a filing infrastructure that accepts tax returns submitted online and automatically computes penalties for tax returns submitted beyond the due date.
4. What are the browser requirements?
- Internet Explorer v9
- Mozilla Firefox v16 or up
- Google Chrome v23 or up
Important: You can use any of the above browsers during enrollment but you must have Internet Explorer v9 to be able to submit online.
5. Who are those mandated to use eFPS?
The following are mandated to use eFPS:
- Taxpayer Account Management Program (TAMP) Taxpayers (RR No. 10-2014)
- Accredited Importer and Prospective Importer required to secure the BIR-ICC & BIR-BCC (RR No. 10-2014)
- National Government Agencies (NGAs) (RR No. 1-2013)
- All Licensed Local Contractors (RR No. 10-2012) Enterprises Enjoying Fiscal Incentives (PEZA, BOI, Various Zone Authorities, Etc.) (RR No. 1-2010)
- Top 5,000 Individual Taxpayers (RR No. 6-2009)
- Corporations with Paid-Up Capital Stock of P10 Million and above (RR No. 10-2007)
- Corporations with Complete Computerized Accounting System (CAS) (RR No. 10-2007)
- Procuring Government Agencies with respect to Withholding of VAT and Percentage Taxes (RR No. 3-2005) Government Bidders (RR No. 3-2005)
- Insurance companies and Stock brokers (RMC No. 71-2004) Large Taxpayers (RR No. 2-2002, as amended)
- Top 20,000 Private Corporation (RR No. 2-98, as amended)
6. Who are those mandated to use eBIRForms and eFile?
- ACCREDITED TAX AGENTS/ PRACTITIONERS & all its client-taxpayers who authorized them to file in their behalf
- ACCREDITED PRINTERS of Principal and Supplementary Receipts/Invoices One-Time Transaction (ONETT) taxpayers
- Those engaged in business, or those with mix income (both compensation and business income) who shall file a “NO PAYMENT” Return (exception under RMC No. 12-2015)
- Government-Owned or Controlled Corporations (GOCCs)
- Local Government Units (LGUs), except barangays
- Cooperatives, registered with National Electrification Administration (NEA) and Local Water Utilities Administrations (LWUA)
- Senior Citizen (SC) or Persons with Disabilities (PWDs) filing for their own return;
- Employees deriving purely compensation income whether from one or more employers, whether or not they have any tax due that need to be paid;
- Employees qualified for substituted filing under RR 2-98 Sec. 2.83.4, as amended, but opted to file for an Income Tax Return (ITR) and are filing for purposes of promotion (PNP/AFP), loans, scholarship, foreign travel requirements, etc.
9. Are all taxpayers required to electronically file returns?
Illustration No. 2.
- Printed copy of Tax Returns with Filing Reference Number (FRN) Page; and
- Required attachments.
- Printed copy of the return with the eMail Notification Page received:
- Required attachments
14. How do I know if the form has already been submitted to the online eBIRForms System?
- If all of the above were undertaken and still NO EMAIL is received after two (2) hours from efiling, then MANUALLY eMail the generated xml file following the steps in Annex D of RMC 14-2015.
- If after MANUALLY emailing following the steps in Annex D of RMC 14-2015, and still NO EMAIL is received after two (2) hours, then call the BIR for assistance, the help desk number to call are also contained in Annex D of RMC 14-2015.
- Start button > Devices and Printers > Locate your printer
- Right click > Printing Preferences > Advances or select the FOLIO or LEGAL size on Paper Size option
- Click Ok.
- Printed copy of returns duly signed, and Email notification of successful e-Filing;
- For eFPS, eFile and FRN shall be generated by the system, then continue to ePay.