Mobile phones in all sense have taken over the world. The statistical data shows that the numbers have continued to increase and will do so in the future with more and more people making the purchase. The works of mobile marketing agencies range over a lot of things from mobile ads to apps to mobile website that encapsulates all the form of marketing that could be done for a mobile phone. But what the latest mobile phones possess are the apps that help beautify the entire experience of using a smartphone. Therefore, the mobile app promotion is separate game altogether that solely focuses on the getting the app more recognition by building a strong customer base and retaining the users who have been using the app.
Different Strategies Of App Marketing
The app marketing is strategized through various methods in the modern world and will see further new methods being developed as the hunger for the app grows.
- Key Performance Indicators – The app marketing, for most parts, work on the same principle as all other products’ marketing. The aims set should be well-defined, calculable and feasible. However, it has some issues that need to be addressed. The focus should be on the key performance indicators pertaining to app marketing. App store rank, user acquisition, the price of each download and optimization of the app store are the main KPIs. The goals should be revolving around the mentioned KPIs as they are exclusive to its marketing.
- Allocation Of Resources–Apps also serve as a marketing tool for the product itself and therefore, a large chunk of the marketing resources should be spent on the app marketing. Since the consumers prefer push notification facility on their phone, more investment should be done according to their needs. The budget resources should be allocated wisely too. The app should be visible across the store throughout the year so that its visible stays persistent for the users.
- Uniting The Departments – Within a large organization that has a number of department, an intra-organizational dispute is inevitable. Therefore, unifying all the suggestions from each department by combining them into a single unit will end up having better strategies made. The plan might be comprehensive but a regular meet-up to discuss the plan and assigning feasible tasks to everyone can help in better app marketing.
- Joining Hands With A Mobile Marketing Expert – Mobile marketing is a different ballgame altogether but can be effective as they too require new kinds of strategies to cope up with the needs of the market. Due to this, they are well acquainted with all the departments of mobile marketing and provides the app with a greater chance to be successful in the market.
- Experience Is What Sells – It is not the app that is exclusive but the experience. Thus, the experience to a user is sold and not the application. A consumer is looking to have the best experience through the usage of apps and therefore, is the app is marketed according to what the customer demands i.e. providing them with the desired experience, the app is bound to see more recognition coming its way.
- Marketing App Where The Consumer Is– An app on the billboard is a waste of money on its marketing as the user is not really going to look for them online. Moreover, with competing apps available in the store, the app might never find itself getting downloaded. The apps can be advertised at the fingertips of the user through mobile advertising networks.
- Downloads Are Not The Parameters Of Success – Downloading does increase the ranking of the app but cannot be the only aspect to judge its success. An app providing the best experience is bound to get a better word of mouth in the market and the user will, therefore, pursue it a greater number of times than the apps not providing them with such facility.
Thus, with the mobile marketing agencies seeing a lot of strategies that focus not only on the downloading or promoting the app but also making sure that the user is satisfied while using it. The app marketing is an essential department to invest in to make sure that the brand is promoted through a process of a user getting happy which, consequently, will reap better results.