Last Updated on May 20, 2020 by Marie Bautista
Do you use highlighters?
Like many of you moms out there, one beauty product that I don’t use a lot because I actually suck at using it is the highlighter. I did use it a lot during the cold months, but during the warmer months like now, highlighters tend to make you look like you’ve been out on a market run (read: sweaty and oily) when you are supposed to look glowing and healthy which is supposedly an age-defying trick highlighters can do.
OFRA Cosmetics Star Island Highlighter, however, made me change my mind.
What I love about this OFRA Cosmetics highlighter:
One of the things I like about this highlighter is its formula.
OFRA highlighters’ glow is a result of “liquid to baked technology” resulting in exceptional pigment. I love that the formula is creamy and practically stays on your skin the whole day. The color is lovely! (And oh, you can use it as an eye makeup, too.)
It comes in a beautifully designed and embossed magnetic compact in a warm ivory, almost pale yellow gold shade with warm undertones and a metallic sheen. Its metallic sheen really accentuates the design. It is so pretty!
For this highlighter, a heavy hand is not needed so this product goes a long way. I usually just lightly touch my brush on the Star Island Highlighter.
By the way, I use a stippling brush because it gives a light, almost airbrushed look. Since the Ofra Star Island Highlighter is highly pigmented, a light hand with a good stippling brush will give you a nice glow. And oh, because of its warm glow, this shade is perfect for fair Asians like me.
It easily blends without clumping on some parts of your face, giving you that healthy, glowing, not sweaty look.
Like I said, OFRA Star Island Highlighter goes a long way, but if you ever ran out of it, keep in mind that the highlighter’s magnetic compact is refillable with just any of your OFRA favorites available in godet pan refills. You can remove the pan by inserting a pin in that tiny hole at the bottom of the compact.
Here are some tips on using a highlighter:
- Don’t go heavy-handed! Lightly touch your brush on the compact and lightly buff out the powder on your skin. I assure you this would give you a healthy glow without the disco ball look.
- Don’t dump the highlighter on your face. Remember when sometimes you go crazy on putting blush because it does make us so pretty? Don’t do this with any highlighter. Less is more.
- Always use a primer. A primer can help cover up skin imperfections, so if you like your highlighter to truly give you the glow, always use your primer.
- Where to apply: This is a tricky part, because like I said, a little goes a long way. The best places to highlight using a non-shimmery highlighter is:
- the bridge of your nose,
- under your eyes,
- center of your forehead,
- and your chin.
- brow bones,
- inner corner of your eyes,
- and your Cupid’s bow.
Do you use a highlighter? Tell me your favorite!