Last Updated on March 17, 2021 by Marie Bautista
This should be your priority before getting married!
|(Sineseryoso na ako!)|
This case is probably not exclusive to my reader and her husband. I know friends who separated because of money issues and failing to sort out those money issues.
Don’t fall in love and fail to care about money. It could get complicated.
Doing this can fix your money issues.
He is so irresponsible.
Prioritize your relationship before money.
Money matters seem insignificant and too important at the same time, so they don’t talk about it. The silence is money’s first power over couples.
- Could it be barkada night outs that are not in the budget?
- Or buying frivolous and expensive items with money meant for groceries?
- Investing without consulting?
- Unpaid bills?
Some more points to keep in mind:
- It takes time to change attitudes, so be patient. No two persons are alike when it comes to
- Listen and understand attitudes rather than zero in on actions that annoy you. Keep an open perspective.
- Know what you want in the end. This makes it easier to be more responsible in the beginning. Start by reading about personal finance.
- Have a financial safety net.
Arguments are hottest when things don’t go well. Being prepared with at least three months of your salary (if you are employed) or at least six months (if you are an entrepreneur) stashed away in a bank account, takes off the heat when there are sudden emergencies. It also gives you a goal you can work for, and an excuse to monitor each other’s spending without being judgmental.